Sunday, December 6, 2009

Jaadu ki jhappi


I had the opportunity today, to talk to a good man. He has off late been in a bad state of affairs.
In many ways, he represents to me, as real a manifestation of Howard Roark as I can claim to have seen till now.
Lately, he hasnt been himself, and today I nudged and pushed him till he came out with what was eating him up. We spoke for 5 straight hours.
It ended with him asking me to shake his hand. I say, 'Can you give me something better and give him a hug'. It felt nice. And i think, a tear came out of his eyes.
It reminded me of the days I got my jaadu ki jhappi. I will never forget you lovely stranger who came into my life. Your hugs have healed so many of my wounds, I dont know what would have become of me without you.
Hope he finds his peace soon, and resumes a normal life

1 comment: